Even the best writers need professional book editing. The more we read our own work, the more familiar we become with our words, and as a result, our eye tends to overlook mistakes. It’s important to hire a professional book editor who can approach your work with fresh eyes and a non-judgmental outlook. My goal is to make your work the best it can be.
People use the term “editing” to mean different things. One thing everyone can agree upon is that whether it’s a book, resume, or marketing blurb, it should be free of typos and grammatical errors. This is what I call proofreading. My proofreading services are set at .04/word.
True copyediting/book editing takes more time. My fee for copyediting is .06/word. I analyze the flow and pacing of the work. For fiction, I ensure that the plot is interesting, characters are well-developed, the dialogue is rich, and word choice is varied. For non-fiction, as an editor, I will ensure the material is presented in an order that makes the most sense, teaches the reader about the subject, and is presented in a unique manner that sets it apart from its competition.
While there is a distinct difference between proofreading and editing, I don’t believe in taking shortcuts with my client’s work. I cannot imagine “proofreading” without also considering the story’s plot, pacing, characterization, and dialogue. I feel it’s a disservice to simply check a document for typos. When I take on a book editing project, my goal is to ensure it not only reads well, but will be well-received by other readers.
My book editing and proofreading services are highly competitive.
Additional editing services include:
- Editorial Assessment – A review of your writing project to assess marketability.
- Query Letter Review – Development of a letter directed toward book reviewers that will inspire them to request your material.
- Book Synopsis Writing – Creation of a book synopsis that will sell your project to readers and encourage downloads.
- Resume Writing – A custom-developed resume to help showcase your achievements.
- College Applications – The time and pressure students face throughout the college admissions process is overwhelming. Let me alleviate some of that worry.
For inquiries on the above services or to contract me for your book editing project, please drop me an email: info(at)evatopia.com